Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared Class 12 Result 2016 on May 21 for the exam which was conducted during March 01 – April 26, 2016. This year 10,65,179 candidates were registered for class 12th examination. As compared to the last year, this year there is 2.38% increase in the no. of candidates.
Candidates not satisfied with their marks can apply online for verification and re-evaluation of marks. CBSE Board has provisions of Verification of Marks, Obtaining of photocopy of evaluated answer book(s) and Re-evaluation. Here is the detailed information on How to apply online for CBSE Class 12th Verification, Re-evaluation and Rechecking of Mark Sheet 2016.
CBSE Class 12th 2016 – Verification, Revaluation, Rechecking of Mark Sheet
These processes have been interlinked viz. candidates applying for verification of marks will only be eligible to apply for obtaining photocopy of evaluated answer book(s) and candidates applying for verification of marks and obtaining photocopy of evaluated answer book shall only be eligible to apply for re-evaluation in the identified subjects meaning thereby that no candidate will be permitted to make a request for providing of photocopy / re-evaluation without following the procedure of verification of marks. Therefore, the candidates are requested to take note of this information and be careful while submitting application accordingly. The modalities are as under:
CBSE Class 12th 2016 – Verification of Marks
- The fee is Rs. 300/- per subject
- The period for applying online only is from 25.05.2016 (Wednesday) to 28.05.2016 (Saturday)
- Payment will be received through gateway (credit/Debit card). Payment by e-challan and candidates applying from Outside India can make the payment by 31.5.2016(Tuesday)
- No fee shall be received offline in any mode i.e. Postal Order/DD/Money Order/Cheque etc.
- Once the request for verification will only be accepted, another chance will not be given.
- The result of verification of marks will be uploaded on the Net. However in case a mistake is detected, a formal letter will also be sent by speed post.
- The Board will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any inconvenience caused to the candidate, consequent upon the delay in communication for reasons beyond control.
- No Request Received under RTI for Verification of Marks will be accepted
- No Application will be accepted without fee.
- Incomplete Applications will be summarily rejected
Application for obtaining Photocopy of the Evaluated Answer Book
Only those candidates who have applied for verification of marks will be eligible to apply for obtaining photocopy of the evaluated answer book(s) on remitting the requisite fee of Rs.700/- per subject and the schedule for receipt of forms will be from 03.6.2016(Friday) to 06.6.2016(Monday). Payment through E-challan and candidates applying from Outside India can remit the fees by 07.6.2016(Tuesday).
The procedure is as under:
- Only those candidates who have applied for verification of marks shall be eligible to apply for obtaining photocopy of the evaluated answer-book(s). Applications will be received only online with payment through gateway/e-challan /DD along with required documents duly scanned
- Candidate applying for obtaining photocopy of the evaluated answer book(s) shall have to upload an undertaking on the prescribed format. The undertaking will have to be scanned and uploaded with the application
- Application submitted on behalf of the candidate as also incomplete application will be summarily rejected and fees deposited shall be forfeited without any further reference
- Photocopy of the evaluated answer book(s) would be provided after blocking all information relating to the identity of the Examiner/Evaluators/any other official associated with the examination process.
- Candidates can access the photocopy of the evaluated answer book through CBSE’s official website.
- Candidate shall have to certify that the photocopy of the evaluated answer book shall not be given to any institution or school for display, for commercial purpose or to print media by him/her or anyone on his/her behalf
- Decision of the Competent Authority of the Board on the marks awarded shall be final and binding on the candidate
- Board will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any inconvenience caused to the candidate, consequent to the delay in communication for reasons beyond control
- The same shall also not be challenged by any examinee in the court of law or make any claim, on account of this in any forum. An undertaking to this effect will be obtained from the candidate in his/her application
- If a candidate finds any error in totaling of marks or finds that any answer has not been evaluated in the photocopy of the answer book, he/she shall approach the Regional Office concerned immediately but not later than seven days
- However, if he/she desires to challenge the marks awarded to any question, then he/she will have to apply online, as per the schedule and only in the subjects notified
- Candidates are informed that request for Photocopy of the evaluated answer book will only be accepted once. Another Challan will not be given to candidates
→ Click here for more information on CBSE Exam 2016
CBSE Class 12th 2016 – Re-evaluation / Rechecking of Marks
Only those candidates who have applied for obtaining photocopy of the evaluated answer book shall be eligible to apply for re-evaluation or challenge the marks awarded to any question in the following subjects only –
English Core, English Elective (CBSE), English Elective (NCERT), Hindi Core, Hindi Elective, Mathematics, Physics, Biology. Business Studies, Economics & Accountancy
- Request for maximum 10 questions shall be entertained only for theory portion in the above subjects @Rs.100/- per question
- Request for re-evaluation/challenge for particular question(s) only in theory paper shall be received only online from 07.6.2016(Tuesday) to 09.6.2016(Thursday) Payment through E-challan and candidates applying from Outside India can remit the fees upto 13.6.2016 (Monday)
- The applicant will have to refer to the marking scheme in the subject concerned which would be available on the website along with the question paper and then submit application for re-evaluation in the required question(s) with reasoning
- In case there is variation of marks of +5 marks or more in the subject concerned after re-evaluation, then the marks awarded in the first evaluation in respect of that subject shall stand annulled and the fresh marks awarded in the re-evaluation shall only stand valid for that particular subject(s) and a fresh marks statement will be issued incorporating the marks awarded in the re-evaluation. However, if after re-evaluation, any change is observed in questions of upto 02 marks i.e. 01 and/or 02 marks, the same shall be considered for addition even if less than +5
- In cases where marks are increased or decreased a fresh marks statement shall be issued to such candidates after surrendering the old Marks Statement by the candidate(s) concerned
- The status of re-evaluation shall be uploaded on the NET for the subject and question(s) for which applied for, followed by a formal letter by speed post
- In case of upward revision of marks in the question(s), fee paid for re-evaluation shall be refunded for that particular question(s) only
- The decrease even by one mark shall be effected
- In case the marks already awarded remain unchanged or decreased, then the amount of fee paid for re-evaluation shall not be refunded
- No appeal or review against the re-evaluation would be entertained
- Candidate shall also have to give an undertaking to the effect that the result of Revaluation shall not be challenged in the Court of Law or make any claim on account of revision of marks in any forum
- The Board will not be responsible for any loss or damage or any inconvenience caused to the candidate, consequent to the revision of marks, if any or delay in communication for reasons beyond control.
CBSE Class 12th 2016: CSBE Verification, Re-evaluation, Rechecking Result 2016
After completing the application process, candidates can check rechecking result of CBSE class 12th 2016 by entering thier application no and roll no. through the official website cbseonline.ernet.in. Click on the above link to check your rechecking result.