EWS Admission 2016 : The process of admission under the EWS scheme in Delhi private schools has been started from January 01, 2016. Parents who are willing to admit their children in schools are in hassle as this time some schools has adopted the online procedure for admission and of which parents are unaware. Below are the admission criteria and details of applicants in respect of private Un-aided recognized schools for admission under open seats at entry level classes for session 2016-17.
Directorate of Education, Delhi has issued a circular on December 08, 2015 regarding open seats in private unaided recognized schools of Delhi.
EWS Admission 2016 – Eligibility criteria, Admission Schedule
It has been noticed that some schools have also included/adopted criteria like Management Quota, Vegetarian, Non-Alcoholic, Non-Smoker, Written Test, Oral Communication Skill, Interview, Education Qualification of parents, Marks in previous class etc. These criteria are contrary not only to the principles mentioned above but also against the Management Quota marks are allotted for seats.
- 25% seats shall be filled with the children belonging to EWS/DG category as defined in the provisions of RTE Act, 2009 in the manner as prescribed in this Directorate’s Notification dates 07-01-2011 and other orders / instructions issued in this regard form time to time.
- Admission of the children belonging to Economically Weaker Section & disadvantaged group category shall be made by the private unaided recognized schools on the following neighborhood criteria.
- Admission shall be first offered to eligible students belonging to EWS and Disadvantaged group residing within 1 KM of the specific school.
- In case the vacancies remain unfilled, students residing within 3 KM of the school shall be admitted.
- If these are still vacancies, then the admission shall be offered to other students residing within 6 M of the institution.
- Students residing beyond 6 KM shall be admitted only in case vacancies remain unfiled even after considering all the students within 6 KM area.
EWS Admission 2016 Important Dates / Schedule
Admission schedule for entry level classes (below six year of age) for open seats in private unaided recognized schools of delhi for the session 2016-17.
|Commencement of admission process||January 01, 2016|
|Commencement of availability of application for admission||January 01, 2016|
|Last Date of submission of application forms in schools||January 22, 2016|
|Date for displaying the first list of selected candidates (including waiting list)||February 15, 2016|
|Date for displaying the second list of candidates (if any) including waiting list||February 29, 2016|
|Closure of admission process||March 31, 2016|
How Apply Online for EWS Admission 2016 – Application form, Notification
Once the admission criteria are uploaded and the school starts receiving application from 01-01-2016, parents can submit online application form through the official website i.e. http://www.edudel.nic.in. In order to apply online please the follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Log in to the official website www.edudel.nic.in
- Download the application form ‘or’ click here to download the application form and official notification
- Fill the form with appropriate details as per the application form
- Submit the application form on or before January 22, 2015
EWS Admission 2016 – List of required documents for verification
Some of the indicative documents which can be considered as proof of residence of parents / child
- Ration card issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having name of child).
- Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents.
- Voter I-card (EPIC) of any of the parents.
- Electricity Bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents of child
- Aadhar card/UID card issued in the name of any of the parents
EWS Admission 2016 Prospectus and Processing fee
Buying of prospectus of schools along with application form is not mandatory for parents and schools can neither force parents to buy prospectus or charge any processing fee. Only Rs 25/- (non-refundable) can be charged as admission registration fee from parents.